Thursday, January 21, 2010

39? What?!

Hard to believe I'm the big 39!  Funny, I don't feel old yet!  Ok, well for the first couple of weeks of this new year I felt really old.  For starters, I slipped and fell from the top of the stairs in our house and was sure I broke a rib.  After a couple of days I went to the doc for x-rays and it turned out the pain that started in my back and wrapped around my left side and front wasn't a broken rib.  It was shingles!  I have a new sympathy for people that get this.  I believe it ranked right up there with childbirth as far as pain goes.  Lee kept teasing me and saying he thought I had vinyl siding and not shingles.  Anyway, my family was so sweet taking care of me.  Luckily a close family friend gave me lots of herbal supplements to take along with the medicine from the doc.  I highly recommend taking vitamins/herbs if you ever are unfortunate enough to get the dreaded shingles.  They say it can last for 6 weeks or more but mine was of short duration and the pain is almost completely gone!  :) 

Thanks to all that texted, emailed, sent cards, called and facebooked.  I had a great birthday even though I had to work both jobs.  It should be a law that you don't work on your birthday.  Went out to eat with the family at the little Italian place that Lauren works at.  She couldn't eat with us but she was our waitress. 

You gotta have chocolate cake on your birthday!



I love getting cards in the mail!


Sweet card from my dental hygiene students!


Flowers from my baby girl

1 comments:

Mama said...

Hppy Birthday Patti! Glad it was a good one in spite of you having to work.

Patti's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones