Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's weekend in Savannah

This year Lee and I decided to go to Savannah for our Valentine's weekend getaway.  It's somewhere I've always wanted to go and it isn't too far to drive (about 2 1/2 hours).  I fell in love with Savannah.  It's so beautiful there and the people are so friendly.

This was the hotel lobby.  We stayed at the Marriot on the Riverwalk.  As usual, Lee found us a deal on priceline.com.  The hotel was fabulous!  :)

Outside the hotel on the riverwalk.

Lunch in town

I'm guessing that the push pins in the ocean indicate that they live on a boat???



I had the shepherd's pie.  YUM!!

The people in Savannah are so artistic!  I was loving looking around in the galleries.  Some of the artists were there working and we got to watch them work. 

How do people learn to do this?  Amazing!!

After walking around town we went to Forsyth Park.  This house was one that was across the street.

The live oaks with Spanish moss were just beautiful!


There were tons of people out with their dogs.  These little guys were just too cute!

Lee the lion

We went in a shop downtown that was a French / antique shop.  Here are a set of Skeleton platters.  Suddenly I've lost my appetite.  Strange.  Also $900.00.  Really?!

Lee said he had a little car like this when he was little.

Something for Angelene.  A piece of furniture to store maps.

Here's Lee telling another shopper that if he knew antlers sold for $95.00 each like this set, then he needed to start selling his!

The shop also had a little cafe' in it so I had to have a mocha!  :)


I think I could make this if I could learn how to bend the wire.... Very cute!

You gotta love ordering dessert from room service at midnight!  Diet starts back tomorrow.  ;)
I hope everyone had a very happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Looks like so much fun!!

tia said...

Patti,
It's been fun catching up on your life. I'm glad you've been having such a good time, despite the winter we've been having. I love seeing all your artistic endeavors -- you are so talented!
I do like the map drawers; maybe someday I have to invest in some. They look much better than the huge metal ones we have at work.
Love, Angelene

Patti's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones