Sunday, August 15, 2010

USC move-in day!

Well, we moved Erik into his dorm yesterday!  It was a sad & happy day. (A SAPPY day?!)  Anyway, we started the caravan with 4 cars (us, plus Jordan & her family) to Columbia at 6:30 in the morning.  Thank goodness we started early because it was overcast with a little breeze so it wasn't hot!  There were so many volunteers there that were so nice!  It moved along pretty quickly.



This was on Erik's desk when we got there.  A gift from his room mate's Dad.  :)

They had a pretty cool system, you drive up and drop your things off at the door and then have rolling carts that you put everything in to roll to the elevator and up to the room!  Easy!


For a while Erik disappeared.  He had to go get his key and check out his room to make sure everything was in working order.  I finally went to find him and there he was, just hanging out in the room checking out the view.  He's so excited!  At least until the reality of Biochemistry sets in.  :)
So they have this cool "loft" thing that you can get to put the bed up higher so that you can put your desk underneath it and have more space in your room.  We went to pick it up and poor Lauren didn't have much room on the ride back.

I had to run across the street to the financial aid office to take care of something and left the kids to put the loft together.  I figured I would be gone for hours but USC ROCKS because I was in and out of there in less than 15 minutes!!!  YAY.  Seriously, I thought I'd be in there all day.  Anyway, when I got back, Lauren & Erik just about had the loft all put together.  I discovered something about my daughter yesterday.  She works a mean allen wrench!!! 
We told Erik he's going to have to be very careful sitting up in bed!  Not too much space up there!  Can't wait to hear how his first night sleeping in that thing went!


His new space...
I promised myself I wouldn't cry, and I didn't, at least not until it was time to say good bye.  Luckily he's only an hour away, so there will be lots of trips to Columbia in the near future.  So proud of you Rik! 

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so proud of you all of you! The years have been tough but, this is your reward, getting both of your kids to college! That's a great thing! Love you all!!

Patti's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones