Thursday, November 15, 2007

These are a few of my favorite things...(well, one anyway)

When I was stationed in Germany one of my favorite things to get from the bakery was fresh apple strudel. Yum! Well, every year about this time my Father-in-law goes to the mountains and brings back a bushel of apples for me. So, let the apple recipe experiments begin! Monday night I attempted to make an apple crumble pie. Not so good, although my family said it was great and ate it anyway. Here is my attempt to make apple strudel this morning before work. Anyone who is able to roll and stretch that dough to 48" is my hero. Does any one's food ever look like the pretty picture in the cookbook when you are finished? As you can tell, mine wasn't too pretty. I wish I could tell you that it tasted better than it looked. Lee told me it did, but he tells stories. Good thing I made something else to go with it or we would have gone hungry this morning. Try, try again. If anyone has a good, relatively simple recipe that calls for apples, please share!



2 comments:

Dad said...

Well it looked like it would have tasted pretty dang good :)

Mary said...

I am not exactly what that is..wish I could help..lol

Patti's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones