Sunday, April 6, 2008

Erik's 16th Birthday!

I can't believe Erik is 16 already! Where does the time go? We got Erik an old jeep for his birthday. A couple of you know the significance of this & what a big deal it was. Let's just say that a car is the last thing Erik expected for his birthday. The past few years have been a struggle between he and I from time to time. He's not done anything horrible and is a good kid and has good grades in school. We just struggle for control over curfew, etc. I'm worried that a car will cause more problems in this area because it will give him even more freedom and I worry if he's going to be responsible. At any rate, I have put my faith in the Lord that he'll help us through this and I'm trusting Erik to do the right thing. I've been told by some that Erik will probably do right just so he won't lose his newfound freedom. The rule in the house is that if you drive, you pay your own car insurance, taxes, and gas. Right now Erik is working to save up for insurance money and about to take driver's training, so he isn't driving his car yet but it's out there as a reminder of what he'll have if he does right. I sure do love that boy!





I made the banner myself with my new toy that I got for Christmas! :)

2 comments:

Dad said...

Awesome! I love the banner, the cake with the Jeep is just to much and what can I say, he is a lucky guy and know he won't forget that. I had to earn money to buy and share a car with my brother, who btw was washing it and let it roll into a tree wrecking it, then a week later he was driving it and it caught fire! Yep, Erik is one lucky guy :)

Jennifer said...

Please tell him I said Happy Birthday!!! I know he'll make you proud!

Patti's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones