Saturday, August 1, 2009

Holden Beach 09

This was the highlight of Lauren's vacation. We went to the T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation station at Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach. The kids loved having their pictures taken with the animals. Lauren has since decided that she wants to go out to Ventura, California to get her EATM certification (exotic animal training & management) and then a degree in Biology. Yeah, ok, I'm telling her to follow her heart and all that but I really would love for her to stay here as previously planned and finish her degree in nursing. But seriously, how can you look at her big grin in these pictures and not tell her to follow her heart??




The finished product. It really did look better in person.




Me working on our sand castle.





Lee & Erik getting their tan on.




Lauren & Cameron



Lauren & Cameron trying to get the nerve to skim-board. It wasn't pretty.








Lauren & Cameron's shadows. Cool!






How about breathing, is that ok??



This is why we chose Holden Beach for vacation this year. No hotels, very peaceful! :)









Excuse me, are you talking to me before I've had my coffee?!



What I read on vacation.








Lauren loved feeding the birds!


One of my favorite things on vacation. SCRABBLE. He didn't win. I don't know why they continue to challenge me, but I'm glad they do! :)

I don't know who he was, but he looked so lonely.




The inside of the Oak Island lighthouse. Erik really wanted to climb up to the top but you have to have an appointment and they were 4 weeks out.














1 comments:

Kristina said...

Looks like a really great vacation. Hope you enjoyed your book.

Patti's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones