Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cruisin'... again...

Yep, we went on another cruise. Just Lee and I because the kids couldn't miss an entire week of school. Lauren is 18 and Erik is 16 and we decided that this time they would be ok to stay by themselves. Usually we have our friend Evey stay with them (she loves them!) but she just had her little baby boy so that wasn't an option. So... I worried the entire time. Not so much that they would get into trouble but just the same things I worry about everyday. Car accidents, etc, etc. With no family in town it made me really nervous for them to be alone. We have plenty of friends, neighbors, etc. that they could call if they needed to. And Lee's Dad (Grandpa Haun) was really good about checking in on them while we were gone. Still, a Mother will worry!


We went to Key West and the Bahamas and did manage to have a really good time and make lots of new friends. Maybe next time I won't worry so much... but probably not. : )



This is a picture of the beach that we layed out at while we were in the Bahamas. Lets just say those waves are fierce down there! I went out to wade in the ocean and got knocked down several times and barely stood up good before another one would knock me down. A group of kids were a little further out and I could tell they were having a good laugh. Women, be warned, wear a one piece! I flashed hundreds of people when the waves stripped me of my bikini. So embarrassing!! Beautiful beaches though!

This is a picture of Atlantis. Very pretty place!
I LOVE Carnival Cruise lines beds! Not to mention the cabin boy who makes the bed everyday and cleans the cabin.
They leave towel animals on the bed each night while we're at dinner. Here's our Frog!!

Sunset leaving Key West. Beautiful!!

Sloppy Joe's is a place in Key West where we stopped to eat. I didn't realize I loved the banjo so much until I heard this guy play. He was amazing!





3 comments:

Papa said...

I'm jealous!! :o)Did the black dress fit? You look nice and slim.

Dad said...

Some great shots and that sunset picture...WOW! You can almost imagine being there just letting all the pressures of the world just disappear... very nice ;)

Jennifer said...

You look great sis! I love your hair!!!!

Patti's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones