Sunday, February 8, 2009

38

Well, it happened! I got another year older. I keep waiting to be upset that I'm getting closer to 40. Instead, what I feel is happier and more blessed than I could ever imagine. I have seen so many ups and downs in my life. I think getting older makes you realize what's important and what isn't. I'm at peace for the first time in my life. I have blessings beyond measure. I have a wonderful family and great friends and I love all of you! :)

Every year Lauren bakes me my favorite cake. Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. YUM!!


I was banished upstairs in my bedroom until Lauren finished making my cake so I was sitting in bed watching TV until I was allowed to come downstairs. Then my sweet family brought my presents up to me to open. I got a brand new digital camera from Lauren. I've been talking about how I wanted a little camera that would fit in my purse and now I have one! I opened it right away and took this picture. :)

3 comments:

Papa said...

Happy Birthday Patti!! But there is no way you can be 40! Yikes, how old does that make me? Glad your family decided on the low cal cake for you - YUM! But there sure are a LOT of holes in the frosting - did it set off your smoke detectors? ;o)

Anonymous said...

Your cake looks like Swiss cheese!!!

You know I couldn't let that pass! LOL :-)

Love ya, Michelle

amyop said...

I love all the updates! That cake sure does look yummy! I splurged this weekend and had some of Griffin's pancakes! I hope you had a great time at your romantic getaway! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Patti's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones