Sunday, April 26, 2009

Erik's 17th Birthday

I have a hard time believing that my baby is 17!! This little boy that used to lay on the floor and play with matchbox cars for hours is now driving all over town. I love you and I'm very proud of you Rik Rik! :)
We had a very low key birthday this year. We took him out for a big steak dinner and then came back to the house for cake & ice cream. He asked for clothes for his birthday so that was his gift from us. He always has to look cool, ya know? Thanks to everyone who sent him gifts on his birthday. The thank you notes he wrote are still hanging out in my purse waiting patiently for stamps and to be put in the mail.


As you can see, my cake decorating skills have NOT improved... but this was Erik's request. Lemon cake with cream cheese frosting.


This is what 17 looks like... you can't tell by this picture but he's sitting in bed with his laptop. He loves to play his WOW game. Another 3 month subscription was part of his birthday gift too.




3 comments:

Papa said...

Happy 17th Birthday Erik!

Kristina said...

I love your cake decorating skills. They closely resemble mine. :-)
And Happy Birthday Erik!

tia said...

I still remember the first time I met Erik. He showed me some of his computer games. I could also see over the top of his head--now I'm not sure I could do it even if knelt down. ;) Happy belated birthday, Erik.

Patti's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones