Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dental Conference

I'm at the beach again! This time I'm at North Myrtle Beach for the SCDA annual dental session. It's such a hard life! Anyway, these are the views from my hotel room. Terrible isn't it? I will be in classes for the next couple of days and then Lee and I will be beach bums for the rest of the weekend! :)



I have been to many dental conferences over the years but today I went to a course that has far surpassed anything I've ever been to before. The name of the course was "Why Happiness is your Enemy" by Bruce Manchion.

I have done my best to become a very positive person. It's hard to live with my husband and not have some of that rub off. :) He's the most positive person I've ever known!

Anyway, the next time you are dealing with someone difficult in your life, whether it be personal or professional - remember this quote I heard today. "Some people are put in your life as sandpaper. Avoiding them just keeps you rough around the edges." I think we all have people that are like sandpaper in our lives. And we love them anyway. :)

4 comments:

Papa said...

I've decided I want to change lives with you - you go on entirely too many cruises and make way too many trips to exotic places :o)!! How fun!!

amyop said...

sorry i missed that! look forward 2 next year w/ u!

Jeanette said...

That sounds like an interesting class. What was the summed up view?

tia said...

Interesting concept. This should give me things to ponder as I commute to work tomorrow.

Patti's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones