Sunday, April 26, 2009

Holden Beach

This weekend, our friend Glenn asked us to join him at his place at Holden Beach. So we went Friday afternoon and spent the weekend there. I LOVE Holden Beach. It's so peaceful and doesn't have all of the high rise hotels like Myrtle Beach. It's like a dream there and if I didn't have to work, that is where you'd find me, hanging out on the beach somewhere with my toes in the sand. Glenn's father in law came by and picked us up and took us on a boat ride through the canals of the Folly river near sunset. It was magical. And now, I want a boat!!!! :)


sinking ship








Can you tell that the guy that owns this is a dentist?! Cute!




The only house at Holden that I could afford to pay cash for. :) I just can't afford the property it sits on!!






The black stuff that you see here is actually ashes that washed ashore from the N. Myrtle Beach fires. Unreal!


This, is my happy place. The ocean stretched out in front of me and a good book... what more do you need??

4 comments:

Dad said...

oh girl how you make the soul feel comfort and peace with your wonderful pictures, narration and just the ambiance that you set with the thoughts as they gently flow from the images the mind sees with such beauty. Yes, peaceful bliss and calm, what could you ever want more than that...

Papa said...

You guys have had some pretty cool trips lately. I understand that the fires are around North Myrtle Beach, which when I was in high school was Ocean Drive Beach. I spent time in the jail at Ocean Drive Beach one weekend back in 1966. I'll have to share the story with you sometime ;o)BTW - thanks for the flurry of blogs today - love it!!

Kristina said...

The beach looks very nice. My brother says (and he knows from recent experience) that the 2 happiest days in a boat owners life are the day that he buys a boat and the day that he sells it. But it looks like so much fun.

tia said...

Looking at your pictures makes me want to visit the beach, too. I'll have to put a trip on my schedule this summer. Care to join me?

Patti's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones